[TYPO3-calendar] Event view in list

Michael McManus michaelorionmcmanus at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 03:04:16 CEST 2011

Hi Everybody,

I've searched through the list and found a few threads that address
issues similar to the one I'm encountering, but there's a particular
aspect of what I'm doing that I haven't seen discussed. Apologies in
advance if this has in fact already been mentioned.

Similarly to Sebastian's question from a few days ago, I'm trying to
render an event and list view on the same page. I want to render the
event view for the top-most item in the list.

Just like Sebastian, "i have got a cal plugin on the left showing the
event-list and another plugin on the right. The right one has got the
allowed views list and singleEvent, so i can show the upcomingevent on
page load (using the List) and when i click on an event(link) in the
list(left plugin) the page reloads and the choosen event shows up in my
right plugin."

My question is, what's the best way to use the event (single) template
for the upcoming event that shows on page load?

My current solution is to make a few alternate templates and then
override the typoscript used by the one list view, like so:

view.list.listTemplate = fileadmin/ext/cal/single_and_list-list.html
view.event.eventModelTemplate = fileadmin/ext/cal/single_and_list-model.html

view.list.event.description < .view.event.event.description
view.list.event.enddate < .view.event.event.enddate
view.list.event.startdate < .view.event.event.startdate
view.list.event.endtime < .view.event.event.endtime
view.list.event.location < .view.event.event.location

I'm thinking that there's gotta be a better/more efficient way to do
this, no?

Again, sorry if I'm missing something obvious :) Working on a really
tight deadline.

Alternatively, if there's a way to just use the event view to render the
next upcoming event, advice on that approach would also be extremely
appreciated.

All the Best,
Michael