[TYPO3-calendar] Cal Reminder -> Tutorial!?

Thomas Kowtsch thomas at kowtsch.de
Thu Jul 21 22:28:21 CEST 2011

Hi,

I'm back with hopefully good news:

On 13.03.2011 13:07, finnegan wrote:
>> On the other hand, the subscription seems to have a bug: It inserts the
>> record into the tx_cal_fe_user_event_monitor_mm table, but it doesn't
>> take care of starting the scheduler task.
> Exactly this is the bug in my opinion.

Take a look a the most recent snapshot and bugtracker issue #2118 [1]

I fixed this both for registered users and "unknown" users.

> 1. NO offset is written in the respective field in
> tx_cal_fe_user_event_monitor_mm (offset = reminder time ahead of event
> start)
> offset is set in TS Setup (in minutes) and is therefore valid for ALL
> events.

I fixed this as well in current svn version. Please check :-)

> 2. If 2 "unknown" users subscribe to an event (and the event is edited
> and saved 2 times - just to work around the bug) then TWO tasks are
> created for this event which makes no sense and would fill and clutter
> the scheduler task list (e.g. 100 events, each 100 subscribers, 10.000
> scheduler tasks).

This is not necessarily true. Default reminder times can change, and
with BE edit, someone could define other offsets.

Maybe you can file a feature request for v1.5 to have a closer look on
this topic.

> IMHO to connect the SAVING of an event with the creation of a TASK makes
> no sense. A reminder task should be created upon the action of a USER
> who is interested in being reminded. not upon the action of an editor
> saving event data.

The main problem is that there many different ways to go: BE edit,
subscription of "known" users and of "unknown" users. All of them
provide different data at different timings... :-(

So, please check the most recent version and give some feedback :-)

Thanks,
Thomas

[1] http://svn.webempoweredchurch.org/issues/2118