[TYPO3-calendar] Caching: Smart Invalidation?!

Thomas Kowtsch thomas at kowtsch.de
Sun Aug 7 22:16:59 CEST 2011

On 03.08.2011 10:54, Stephan Helten wrote:
> atm I'm using this page-tsconfig on my calendar sysfolder to invalidate the
> cache on changes (extension clearcacheextend):
> TCEMAIN.clearCacheCmd = contains(plugin;cal;0)
> It deletes the cache of all pages containing the cal plugin.

Correct.

> Are there any smarter solutions for cache invalidation in cal?

No. Or at least: Not yet.

> E.g. invalidate only the cache of concerned parameter combinations (cHash),
> not all dayviews at once.

I'll need to take a closer look on how/where the cHashs are actually
calculated. But in any case, there is no out-of-the-box solution for
this problem since there is no Typo3 API for this (tsfe can only delete
cache by pid).

> New events are added multiple times a day, so the cache is deleted several
> times.

Is it required to have the events shown just in time of creation?
Otherwise, you could look for a solution of a periodic cache clean...

> A call of the dayview (not cached) needs about 5 seconds, what is too long.

Mmmh; this sounds a bit too long for me. Is this browser-dependent? I
know that e.g. several versions of IE have really large rendering times;
or maybe you have a complete set of all views in one page? If so, try to
split it up into separate pages and unset all not required TS settings.

Regards, Thomas