[TYPO3-calendar] Wrong format of start_date and end_date in BE

Thomas Kowtsch thomas at kowtsch.de
Tue Apr 12 20:13:05 CEST 2011

Hi Gregor,

On 12.04.2011 15:34, Gregor Agnes wrote:
> in the backend I get in 3 different installations for start_date and
> end_date the following date: 21-08-70. Cal seems to expect a
> unix-timestamp while there is a yyyymmdd value in the field.

This a well-known issue [1]

> When editing one calendar-entry, the date ist display in the right
> format dd-mm-yyyy in the form. When editing a whole list of
> entry-start_dates the format is in the 1970's -format.

Exactly :-(

> I don't know if there is any possibility to get that fixed (via TCA
> maybe). Any ideas?

It seems impossible today :-(

IMHO, there are two options:
- complete refactoring of cal, including all database fields, altering
the database fields
- getting a useful hook in typo3 core to post process the rendering.

None of them can be solved "quickly" :-(

Regards,

Thomas

[1] http://svn.webempoweredchurch.org/issues/1959