[TYPO3-4-3] [4.4] Better search?

Stig Nørgaard Færch snf at dkm.dk
Thu Jan 28 11:36:51 CET 2010

> maybe you don't know how to search?
>
> searching for a page:
> pages:xyz
> searching for a news:
> tt_news:anytitle

No - is this common knowledge or is this just me who didn't know?
Would be nice with a tooltip or something on the search field.

Anyway, it doesn't seem to work on two installations I tried (4.3.1 and
4.2.11). When I put in pages:pagetitle something different is happening
though - as nothing at all is happening. No search result - it doesn't
change to list view or update list view if it is already active.
Also tried this in Chrome and IE8.

Even if this worked it would be nice to do something like:
pages:zyx +2
meaning search 'zyx' in pages from current page and two levels.

Also it would be nice if the search was localized. It's not very user
friendly that you have to put in table names.

/Stig