[TYPO3-4-3] [4.4] Better search?

Stig Nørgaard Færch snf at dkm.dk
Thu Jan 28 10:51:45 CET 2010

I think that TYPO3 could have a better search feature.

Sometimes I want to find all records from a specific table from the
current page and down.
I can do this by selecting a table in the list view and then use the
search box below. But if I want to search from a level higher up, and
this page doesn't have this kind of record, then it is not possible.

Maybe the Search Menu in the top could have options like:
* Search from current page (if yes - then number of levels to search)
* Select tables to search

Or maybe it could be search with keywords:
'searchword current+2 sys_domain sys_templates'
Meaning search for the word 'searchword' from the current page and 2
levels down in the tables sys_domain and sys_templates

/Stig

btw. is this the place to discuss 4.4?