[TYPO3-project-4-3] Loin Problems with Internet Explorer. Searching for starting points..

Mark Johnston question.mark at comcast.net
Sat Jan 16 21:18:26 CET 2010

Sebastian Gebhard wrote -
> I've got a problem with a Website running on TYPO3 4.1.13.
> Automated logouts were reported from Frontend-Users.
> When you log into the FE with IE it tells you your login was successful but on
> the next page/action you're immediatelly logged out.
> My question is what starting points do you suggest, that I could investigate?

One thing to check is whether you have a cookieDomain set in your configuration ($TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['cookieDomain']), and whether it matches the address that people are using for your site.  I've experienced the same symptom before in Internet Explorer (although it was a TYPO3 4.2.6 site) , and making the cookieDomain setting match the domain portion of the web site address (xxx.org)  seemed to fix the issue.

   Best wishes,

   --Mark