[TYPO3-4-3] [TYPO3-core] RFC #13623 : Bug: Deprecation log for IMAGE.alttext does not work

Sebastian Gebhard sebastiangebhard at hoch2.de
Wed Feb 24 09:13:22 CET 2010

Am 23.02.10 12:59, schrieb Steffen Müller:
> Hi.
>
> On 23.02.2010 11:22 Sebastian Gebhard wrote:
>>
>> Due to a typo no entry in the deprecation log is done when using the
>> deprecated IMAGE.alttext property.
>>

> I plead for not deprecating TypoScript stuff without having a mechanism
> which makes it transparent what triggered the log entry.
>
> Why? It's often hard to locate the reason. For example when you use
> TSOBj browser to find the reason but it's hidden inside a temp. object.
>
> I know there's even a patch of mine #10357 [1] in 4.3, which deprecates
> GPvar in TS gettext. I should not have done that and would like to
> revert the deprecation part.
>
> What do you think? What's you experience with deprecated TS? Do you know
> a way to give admins concrete information about where the incident took
> place (pid of template, line number, etc?)
>
> [1] http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=10357
>
> Please followup: typo3.projects.typo3_4-3.general

Hi Steffen,

it's a bit hard to give useful information to the administrators because
at the point a cObject is rendered it's only an array with some
properties, totally disconnected to its initial circumstances. I don't
see a possbility to find out a line number or absolute TS path at the
moment.

With the current structure of TS I can only think of throwing out the
whole configuration of the Object, that is rendered.

For example, when IMAGE.alttext is used, the whole setup of the IMAGE
object could be thrown out, which could help the administrator to find
it in his TypoScript - but i'm absolutely aware that this can not be the
final solution.

Another option would be, when rendering TS to a Conf-Array add Meta Data
such as Line Number, source TS template and absolute TS-Path.

E.g. the $conf of an IMAGE could look like:

Array
(
    [_TSmeta] => Array(
       [line] => 1261,
       [path] => lib.logo
       [sys_template] => 16
    ),
    [file] => fileadmin/img/logo.png
    [stdWrap.] => Array(
       [_TSmeta] => Array(
          [line] => 1284
          [path] => lib.logo.stdWrap
          [sys_template] => 16
       )
       [typolink.] => Array(
          [_TSmeta] => Array(
             [line] => 1284
             [path] => lib.logo.stdWrap.typolink
             [sys_template] => 16
          )
          [parameter] => 10
       )
    )
)

But this massively bloats all $conf Arrays, surely resulting in worse
performance.

Just a few thoughts..

Kind regards,
Sebastian