[TYPO3-4-3] Antw: Get rid of dependency of static_info_tables

Patrick Gaumond gaumondpatrick-n0-spam- at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 16 15:41:42 CET 2010

Andreas Otto wrote:
> Hi Masi,
>
> dialect is probably not the right word in this context.
>
> How would you define a language for Belgium in TYPO3 if you have to support
> both dutch and french in Belgium?
>
> Wouldn't it make sense to use nl_BE and fr_BE then?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dialect#Standard.2C_semi-standard_and_non-standard_dialects

"a variety of a language that is characteristic of a particular group of
the language's speakers."

But if this offend someone, I'll be happy to use another word but
frankly reading the "standard dialect" entry describe the situation:

"a dialect that is supported by institutions. Such institutional support
may include government recognition or designation; presentation as being
the "correct" form of a language in schools; published grammars,
dictionaries, and textbooks that set forth a "correct" spoken and
written form; and an extensive formal literature that employs that
dialect (prose, poetry, non-fiction, etc.). There may be multiple
standard dialects associated with a single language. For example,
Standard American English, Standard Indian English, Standard Australian
English, and Standard Philippine English may all be said to be standard
dialects of the English language."

And I would be against "country-language" since OOo, Mozilla and many
others already solved this by using "language-country"...

Patrick