[TYPO3-4-3] pageTS / userTS conditions

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Wed Feb 10 11:33:02 CET 2010

Steffen Kamper schrieb:

>> But to keep on ranting...
>>
>>> [globalVar = DB:[table]|[field] = xyz]
>>
>> Why the two equal signs? They make no sense at all.
>>
>> [globalVar = DB:[table]|[field] = xyz]
>>

> sry, i don't get you - your expression is the same !?

[fooBar = 4]

Tests if the "magic" fooBar equals 4. Makes perfectly sense.

[fooBar = 4,7,10]

Tests if the "magic" fooBar equals 4, 7 or 10. Comprehensible but odd.

Better would be an SQL like [fooBar IN 4,7,10]

[gobalVar = X = 10]

Tests if globalVar is what? The expression is is "X = 10", but why is there an eqal sign after the
string "globalVar"?

If tied together with eg a colon it would be more "logical":

[gobalVar:X = 10]

Now it is clear the the "global" variable (huh? are we talking PHP here?) is compared with 10.

Masi