[TYPO3-4-3] [TYPO3-core] RFC #13074: Feature: stdWrap for inclusion of CSS and JS files via pageRenderer

Susanne Moog typo3 at susannemoog.de
Wed Feb 10 10:57:14 CET 2010

Hi,

Am 10.02.2010 00:55, schrieb Steffen Kamper:
> Philipp Gampe schrieb:
>> Am 09.02.2010, 21:47 Uhr, schrieb Steffen Kamper <ks at dislabs.de>:
>>
>>> Any property in "top level" has stdWrap possibility using "property."
>>> Exception: property is array of sub-properties. Then next level is used.
>>
>> too complicated ... why don't use stdWrap.xxx all over the place
>>
>> so
>> object.stdWrap.xxx
>> object.param.stdWrap.xxx
>>
>> Best regards
>> Phil
>>

> why? would make nearly all existing deprecated and more to write.
>
> It's easy: property. = stdWrap
> It's on the documentation to show which proerties are only container for
> properties, you always need a look up in doc which properties exist.
> For me it has a good look and feel (virtually) :)

My only concern would be performance. You have to call stdWrap on each
and every object with properties and as far as I understood even for all
sub properties. Or you have to at least insert a check everywhere if
there are stdWrap properties. I could imagine that this slows everything
down quite a bit. If there is a way to implement this without a loss in
performance I'm fine with it, but I don't see one atm.

Best regards,

Susanne