[TYPO3-4-3] [TYPO3-core] RFC #13074: Feature: stdWrap for inclusion of CSS and JS files via pageRenderer

Tyler Kraft tyler.kraft at netefficiency.co.uk
Tue Feb 9 16:39:14 CET 2010

Fabien Udriot wrote:

> On 07.02.10 22:23, Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> On the other hand it would be fine for me to make it consistent by using
>> stdWrap as "the one and only" default parameter for all objects
>> (making the
>> direct "wrap" and "if" deprecated but offering them together with all
>> stdWrap functions), while leaving the specialties to the first level of
>> parameters.
>>
>> # deprecated will be removed in 4.6
>> 10 = OBJECTNAME
>> 10.wrap = <blah>|</blah>
>>
>> # new default for all cObjects including those
>> # who still haven't got stdWrap functions
>> 10 = OBJECTNAME
>> 10.stdWrap.wrap = <blah>|</blah>
>
> Looks consistent, indeed.

It does look very consistent, and I like the idea of having stdWrap
everywhere as I think it is one of the most, if not the most, powerful
and useful feature in typoscript. But occasionally it is very handy to
also then have "if" and "wrap" as separate parameters. Having them
separate makes the TS a lot less convoluted in some circumstances.

Just my 2cents

Tyler