[TYPO3-4-3] Sorting of mounts

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Fri Feb 5 17:02:57 CET 2010

Hi,

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> Steffen Kamper schrieb:
>> Hi,
>>
>> i'm going to fix the sorting of mounts displayed in pagetree/filetree
>> for an editor
>>
>> Filemounts
>> =================
>> this is ths actual sorting:
>> mounts are displayed for each group as they are assigned to the user.
>>
>> should be:
>> all accumulated mounts should be sorted alphabetic
>
> symlinks should be resolved and duplicates be removed.

filemounts are displayed by label, so i see no problem having symlinks
behind.

> IMHO file mounts within other file mounts should be removed from the list of file mounts. But that
> could be a user TS option.

this is wrong by design. I don't see a good point to check that, may be
in the TCEFORM of user/-group when adding filemounts, then we need a new
kind of validation or a userfunc.

>> should be:
>> all accumulated mounts should be sorted chronologic, means: latest
>> vreated pages should be displayed at the bottom of the list. So the
>> order never change when new pages/mounts are added later, they will
>> added at the end of the list.
>
> I see the reasoning behind this, that's not always useful. Think of a project where branches are
> created at arbitrary time *before* the actual launch. The chronological ordering would be completely
> useless (unless you change the timestamp via SQL).

see my other post. If user see the mounts for the first time it doesn't
matter which order he will see. The problem starts if mounts are added
later.

> The only non-surprising automatic ordering is alphabetical. But I agree that this is sometimes also
> not desired.

same as above. Depends also on how it's communicated. At the university
all pids are displayed in page tree and pid will be communicated. Page
title - there are possible same titles for different mounts which also
makes it difficult.

> I have given thought to that problem last year, but couldn't come up with a reasonable method of
> sorting.

that's why i'm asking. I'm open for useful sortings and will use them
for configuration. I only show the problems we have in the workflow with
a real big site.

vg Steffen