[TYPO3-4-3] Sorting of mounts

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Fri Feb 5 16:55:15 CET 2010

Hi,

Steffen Ritter schrieb:
> Steffen Kamper schrieb:
>> Hi,
>> DB Mounts
>> =================
>> this is ths actual sorting:
>> mounts are displayed for each group as they are assigned to the user.
>>
>> should be:
>> all accumulated mounts should be sorted chronologic, means: latest
>> vreated pages should be displayed at the bottom of the list. So the
>> order never change when new pages/mounts are added later, they will
>> added at the end of the list.
>>
> I think they should be in the order they would be in the
> "real-root-user-page-tree" since it's the logical structure of the page.
> If pages are "lower" in main-tree they should be "lower" in the mounts...

as mounts usually (sub-)branches of a complete page tree it doesn't make
big sense as the editor never see the complete tree.

Let me describe pratically. user has mounts
xxx (subtree of page 112, defined in usergroup 5)
yyy (subtree of page 3250, defined in usergroup 12)
zzz (subtree of pages 7211, defined in usergroup 30)

Now a new tree is added by someone and mounts are added to usergroup
editor is in (5), then with actual core user will get
xxx (subtree of page 112, defined in usergroup 5)
new (subtree of page 8888, defined in usergroup 5)
yyy (subtree of page 3250, defined in usergroup 12)
zzz (subtree of pages 7211, defined in usergroup 30)

With my suggestion he will get
xxx (subtree of page 112, defined in usergroup 5)
yyy (subtree of page 3250, defined in usergroup 12)
zzz (subtree of pages 7211, defined in usergroup 30)
new (subtree of page 8888, defined in usergroup 5)

With your suggestion new also will appear anywhere inside the mounts. So
it makes sense from looking to the complete tree, but editor never gets
image of that and may wonder "Why do i get new mount inside".

At the university some user have over 50 DB mounts, so they never
recognize which ones are added. This is bad eg for workflow translation,
if the editor is responsable to translate content to a certain language.

vg Steffen