[TYPO3-project-4-3] page opition "TSconfig on next level" is missing

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Thu Sep 24 22:35:46 CEST 2009

Hi Masi,

Martin Kutschker schrieb:

> I'm not a great fan of pid-based conditions. Too me those pidInBranch
> comparisons are not really readable as at that point I have usually no
> idea to what page the conditions refers to. For TS setup I prefer
> constants and separate additional TS templates. But of course that's a
> matter of taste.

it' not only a matter of taste. I think your idea is very interesting.
I often stumble with pid-based settings and it's very unflexible.
Whenever you have new pages you have to modify the conditions.

looking to the slide feature it's only the direction to the root and not
flexible enough. i would wish a real slide object, only brainstorm example

inherit {
   # up = direction to root, down from root
   direction = down
   # which level to start
   levelStart = 1
   # exclude Pids
   excludePids = 13,49
   # how many levels, empty for infinite
   depth = 3
}

Another problem is that most settings are bind to specific objects. It
would be great if you have the complete templöate as object. So you
create an ext template and define the properties for the complete ext
template, eg
parent.inherit {...}
instead of global, which is the default setting.

Please share your ideas.

vg Steffen