[TYPO3-project-4-3] indexed_search with Google Analytics Site Search

Steffen Ritter info at rs-websystems.de
Thu Sep 24 12:26:30 CEST 2009

Raffael WäŠlterlin wrote:
> Hi group,
>
> as you know, there is a Site Search function in Google Analytics which
> allows you to track the internal search engine of a website.
> Unfortunately, this function only works with search engines using GET
> params which indexed_search doesn't as we know.
>
> Does anybody know a solution or workaround how to fix this problem?
>
> Thanks for feedback and support and regards,
> Raffi

Hi,
i do :)
It's not such hard task ...

Are you using an Extension or an manual inclusion of GA in the Website?

You just have to "send" google the param.
your pageTrack() call normally does not contain data...
if so Google searches  the url for information.
you may send a string param instead (f.e. you do not have realurl but
want to send page names)

So if you have a post param just call
pageTrackwith(myUrl/path/tomy/page.html?s=SEARCHSTRING) and tell Google
to look in "s" for search words...

BTW: Looking for a sponsor adding this to rsgoogleanalytics featuring
the overlasting new release :)

regards

Steffen