[TYPO3-project-4-3] TYPO3 autoloader case sensitivity: your opinion please

Francois Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Sun Sep 20 22:56:15 CEST 2009

Hi all,

> As you may have noticed, TYPO3's autoloader is case-sensitive while
> PHP's is not (see [1]). This is confusing because developers will expect
> the TYPO3 autoloader to be case-*in*sensitive too.

If I sum up that discussion, the ext_autoload.php files are supposed to
be generated automatically, either using extdeveval or some extbase
feature (which - I suppose - will be "un-hidden" by the time 4.3 is
final). The correct syntax should also be documented (probably in Core
APIs for now, for lack of a better place).

So there would be nothing to do in the Core itself. Is that correct?

Cheers

--

Francois Suter