[TYPO3-project-4-3] ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL & ftp

Susanne Moog typo3 at susannemoog.de
Fri Sep 18 21:29:23 CEST 2009

Hey everyone,

I just noticed that some ftp programs use the local time settings for
file creation on the server and not the server time. In my case it
happened that the ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL file I created with my ftp program
was always exactly one hour old (as the server was using a different
time zone than my pc). On every install tool hit the file got deleted
again and I couldn't access it. Took some minutes till I figured out why.

I don't really think there's something we can do about this, I just
wanted to write it down, so if someone else has the same problem they
may find a solution (mine was "KEEP_FILE" inside).

It happened with WinSCP and with FileZilla.

Best regards,

Susanne

PS: I was away for some weeks and just checked out the current trunk:
great work and great new features!!

--
Susanne Moog
NEUSTA GmbH - www.neusta.de