[TYPO3-project-4-3] Why is contextmenu slow?

Dan Osipov dosipov at phillyburbs.com
Wed Sep 9 21:15:11 CEST 2009

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
 > TYPO3 works out of the box. If we put mb_string to the default
configuration, it may not work out of the box. TYPO3 comes with safe
settings.

But its not hard to check during the installation if the function is
available, and adjust the settings accordingly. Same goes for the Apache
mod_expire, which is now required by the .htaccess files.

Services can check for functions and external programs - why can't we
have that feature in the installer?

Dan Osipov
Calkins Media
http://danosipov.com/blog/