[TYPO3-project-4-3] Using OpenID in combination with rsaauth and saltedpasswords

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 18:55:42 CEST 2009

Hi!

Marcus Krause wrote:
> saltedpasswords [1] (!=t3sec_saltedpw) works fine together with rsaauth
> ;-) Give it a try!

Thanks for the info!

> Given that saltedpasswords works fine together with rsaauth, this might
> be widely deployed solution for 4.3.
> Best solution would be to have no passwords at all (openid).

I am not sure about it. I am skeptic about trusting authentication to a third–party web site.

> Then the ideal setup would be to have openid,rsaauth and saltedpasswords
> installed and working.
>
> Highest preference on openid. (in case a user does use openid)
> If there's no usable openid, degrade to rsaauth and saltedpasswords.
>
> So, IMHO, we should try to make openid work together with rsaauth at the
> same time.
>
> What's your opinion?

The idea sounds good and very reasonable. +1.

I think the problem might be in the login security levels. RSA auth expects "rsa" and will not work if it is anything else. This is a precaution against incorrect usage of this extension.

What login security level do you have in the Install tool settings? Normally it is empty, which means 'superchallenged'.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/dmitryd