[TYPO3-project-4-3] Why is contextmenu slow?

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Sep 9 17:36:49 CEST 2009

Hi,

no default is still language-dependent charset (iso-8859-1 for germany
for example). This requires lots of utf-8 conversions, since all
resources are stored in utf-8 (e.g. labels etc).

So in any production site I would recommend setting forceCharSet to utf8.

The "new installer" once we have something like that will probably also
set this as the "new default". And also it should auto-detect your
mb_stirng configuration. But for now we have to manually set it.

Cheers,
Ernesto