[TYPO3-project-4-3] Poll: New multimedia CE

Georg Ringer news at ringerge.org
Wed Sep 9 07:30:05 CEST 2009

Hi,

sorry but IMO the survey is kind of crap and I can explain why:

 > Which FLV player do you prefer?

The one with fits the needs the best. If I have a project and a special
commercial player is great at it, I will use it. If showing videos is
just a small part of the project, I will stick to the default one.

 > In your oppinion, what's the importance of accessibility?

The question is "how important is it for the customer"! If the
multimedia element supports it, it is very nice but if not I guess
everybody can include the feature if the need is there.

 > Do you think that the new multmedia CE should be added in "text with
images"?

css_styled_content is not capable of really showing any other things
than videos or other stuff because it is just about images. There needs
to be a rewrite of css_styled_content - or at least of the Text w
Images" part to really be able show other stuff.

If this is done, it will be very easy to show alternative content, no
matter if calling cObj->MEDIA or use a custom hook or whatever.

 > What is the importance of multimedia elements for your clients?

LOL, there is no way to answer that question generally because all the
customers got different needs!

My opinion: It is already quite ok for 4.3 - let the users discover the
new feature and collect ideas & features for the next release

Georg