[TYPO3-project-4-3] No longer able to login to trunk

Marcus Krause marcus#exp2009 at t3sec.info
Mon Sep 7 16:52:30 CEST 2009

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> Hi Marcus,
>
> as this is a special case (i think most will have cookies allowed) can
> you open a BT entry with a copy of your text? Thx

I also guess that most of the users are allowing cookies.

But in cases where the cookie check might be helpful (cookies
disallowed), it actually fails to detect the whitelist usage.

"Advanced" users that manage to generally block cookies are probably
aware of the browsers' whitelist feature. Those users then will complain
about being unable to login as the check fails.

So the check is helping *and* failing for the same users. That's why I
wrote that removing the check wouldn't hurt that much.

Nonetheless, I'll create a bugtracker issue like suggested.

Marcus.