[TYPO3-project-4-3] invalid markup in BE

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Mon Sep 7 16:28:50 CEST 2009

Hi Masi,

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> Steffen Kamper schrieb:
>> Hi,
>>
>> by examine the HTML of BE pages tidy validator find a lot of
>> errors/warnings.
>>
>> * oncontextmenu - this is a double of onclick, also this is IE only and
>> not needed, so it can be safely removed
>
> In what way is this a double? oncontextmenu is fired when the
> contextmenu is invoked, which may be (only theoretically?) invoked by a
> keypress or a voice command.

when i search for this handler it only works in IE (and Netscape, if
this browser still exists ?!). Double means that the call in
oncontextmenu is the same as in onclick, so this calls are double.
Validator always complain about oncontextmenu with "proprietary attribute"
I saw that there is a way to disable it complete in config_default:
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['BE']['useOnContextMenuHandler'} = 0;
Maybe we should use 0 as default.

>> * nested forms - found in page module
>
> Ugly.

the problem is that $this->doc->form is used which automatic adds a
closing form tag at the very end. The only chance to get rid of this is
to use something like $this->doc->formIsClosed = TRUE; and close
manually before starting next form.

>> * xhtml and & - it's used in URLs very often and can be replaced with &
>
> Must be, not can be (if you care about validity).

for sure _must_

vg Steffen