[TYPO3-project-4-3] how ca we improve the update process?

Mathias Schreiber [wmdb >] mathias.schreiber at wmdb.de
Thu Sep 3 11:19:19 CEST 2009

Xavier Perseguers schrieb:
> Hi,
>
>>> Can you tell me the advantage for such a flag in Registry instead of
>>> lowtech localconf.php ?
>>
>> I have to admit that I like adding values to a DB MUCH BETTER than
>> writing stuff to a textfile.
>
> And I have to admit that I like being able to easily change
> configuration with a command-line tool over an SSH connection much more
> than having to use "mysql" or use phpMyAdmin just for updating a flag...

Modifying localconf.php leads to being able to set multiple values to
the same var.
This is error prone, since there are no tools to check this (yet).
MySQL on the other hand has all this in place.

On the other hand "copy pasting" values between localconf files has some
advantages.

So I'd like to ask Olly to flip a friggin coin over this before this
leads to the next "100 posts about nothing" discussion, since there is
no "one way fits all".

--
TYPO3 certified interogator
T3DD09 Entertainer