[TYPO3-project-4-3] how ca we improve the update process?

Patrick Gaumond gaumondpatrick-s-p-a-m at hotmail-sp-a-m.com
Wed Sep 2 19:00:56 CEST 2009

Ingo Renner wrote:
> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>
> Hi Steffen,
>
>> +1 to this. only prolem i see is how to set a flag that the site is
>> updated and update wizard isn't used, as you normally only copy files to
>> server or edit the symlink
>
> hint: there's a mighty new feature exacrly for such purposes -  called
> Registry ;)

Hi Ingo,

My guts feeling tell me it's not a good idea to store such thing there.

In a way it would means that localconf.php would end up having just
connection to DB since we *can* migrate lots of configs up to the
Registry...

Where are we going to draw the line between Registry and localconf.php?

Can you tell me the advantage for such a flag in Registry instead of
lowtech localconf.php ?

I fear we will end up doing Registry checks + localconf.php checks for
anything and everything.

Patrick