[TYPO3-project-4-3] how ca we improve the update process?

Patrick Gaumond gaumondpatrick-s-p-a-m at hotmail-sp-a-m.com
Wed Sep 2 15:47:40 CEST 2009

Steffen Kamper wrote:

> +1 to this. only prolem i see is how to set a flag that the site is
> updated and update wizard isn't used, as you normally only copy files to
> server or edit the symlink

Suggestion:

$TYPO3_CONF_VARS["SYS"]["installtool_warning"] = '4.2.9';

Meaning:
The TYPO3 Administrator have checked "Don't display anymore" in the
initial flash warnings coming with this new 4.2.9 version.

So we also need a checkbox in flash messages that could write in
localconf.php...

You'll provide clever ways to do it. I trust you. :)

Patrick