[TYPO3-project-4-3] Problems with uft-8 databases and TYPO3 4.3.0Beta2

Peter Niederlag typo3-list at niekom.de
Fri Oct 23 16:13:18 CEST 2009

Hello,

Walter Seeberger schrieb:
> Hello there,
>
> I want to ask, if there is a general problem with using utf-8-dbs and the beta versions of TYPO3. I can't manage to make a compare in the install tool.
>
> TYPO3 is not able to create the following tables:
>
> cachingframework_cache_hash_tags
> sys_registry
> sys_history
> sys_refindex
> cachingframework_cache_pages_tags
> cachingframework_cache_pagesection_tags
> tx_realurl_uniqalias
>

> For sure, I read through the bugtracker, but either I haven't found the correct patch or this is a general problem.

set sqldebug to 1 in install-tool and you will see what query is failing.

I have seen issues with some "ALTER key" statements for indexes, and
would now think you run into the same issue.

Due to one query(alter key) failing - which would do no harm - later
queries won't be executed anymore, which might leave the DB scheme in
"corrupted" state.

> Can you confirm this? Thanks for your reply.

See above. If you experience the same issue with the "alter key"
statements then please fire up a BT issue.

Greets,
Peter
--
Peter Niederlag