[TYPO3-project-4-3] Current trunk & externals to feeditadvanced / saltedpasswords

Georg Ringer news at ringerge.org
Mon Oct 12 13:15:53 CEST 2009

Hi,

Currently some extensions are not in the current trunk but are inlcuded
with svn externals. The problem is that not the trunk of those extension
is used but a tagged version.

The problem is especially with the externals feeditadvanced &
saltedpasswords because those features have been included into the beta
release (and also into the trunk) to get feedback and resolve as many
bugs as possible but resolved bugs never make it into trunk of TYPO3!

I noticed this myself when testing latest svn of TYPO3 and a bug occured
[1]. This has been fixed already 4 days before I created the patch.

So please change the externals to the latest trunk version - at least
for feeditadvanced + saltedpasswords. IMO this is not necessary for
dbal, fluid and extbase but would make sense there too!

Again the advantages:
- Checkout of trunk gets you the really latest version of everything
- Don't disturb developers with patches which are already solved
- Don't disturb users with bugs which are already resolved.

I talked about this issue with Oliver Hader at the weekend who promised
to think about it - anyway I want your opinion too!

Georg
[1] http://forge.typo3.org/issues/show/4917