[TYPO3-project-4-3] [TYPO3-core] Flash messages in TYPO3v4, Extbase and FLOW3

Sebastian Kurfürst sebastian at typo3.org
Fri Oct 9 11:14:55 CEST 2009

Hey Ernesto,

>> The main "problem" with this is that we are moving forward in a
>> direction that is not FLOW3 upwards compatible anymore. So either our
>> improvements get adopted in FLOW3, or we "stop here" and keep Extbase
>> with the FLOW3-compatible flash messages approach.
Thanks for pointing this out! I'd suggest (as a general direction) to
use the v4 FlashMessage implementation and use that in FLOW3 / Extbase.
Especially severities are a really useful feature I think.

However, I think there are some things which we need to think about:
- in Extbase, Flash messages are currently scoped by FE plugin, is this
already implemented in the v4 flash messages?
- I think we need to refactor all output and rendering related code away
from the flash messages
- There is one topic I am not yet sure about yet: So far flash messages
are strings (with severities). However, I suppose Flash Messages need to
be localized as well. Should flash messages be localized or does the
user have to do this explicitely when storing something in a flash
message queue?

My time right now is pretty much limited, but I'd of course be curious
about your ideas and directions how we can improve.

Greets,
Sebastian