[TYPO3-project-4-3] RFC: reports and befunc::displayWarningMessages()

Rupert Germann rupi at gmx.li
Thu Oct 8 19:23:12 CEST 2009

hi,

since we have a reports module the code which displays the "important
notice" (t3lib_befunc::displayWarningMessages()) in the "about modules"
screen is redundant.
Currenty the same messages are displayed in two places but partly
inconsistent (eg. the "install tool enabled" message is an error in
about modules but a warning in the reports module)

To improve this I suggest the following:
remove all currently existing checks from
t3lib_befunc::displayWarningMessages() and add a check for installed
reports.
In case reports is not installed the admin sees a message like this:
"<Notice> the "reports" extension is not installed. Please install it to
get Information about the systems status."

In case reports is installed he sees either a short summary message from
the reports module (don't know if this is possible) or a message like this:
"<OK> Open the <link reports>reports module</link> to get information
about the systems status."

what do you think?

greets
rupert