[TYPO3-project-4-3] Improve performance of flashmessages

Rupert Germann rupi at gmx.li
Thu Oct 8 10:47:03 CEST 2009

hi,

here's a patch which introduces a new optional parameter for the
flashmessages constructor: isPersistent.
If a flashmessage is instantiated with isPersistent set to TRUE this
message will be stored in the be_user's session (see
t3lib_messageQueue::addMessage()).
if isPersistent is FALSE (default) the message will be stored in a
static var in the messageQueue class.
When the messages are fetched from the queue (function
t3lib_messageQueue::getMessages()) both queues are merged together.

I think this change can go to one rfc. It makes the flashmessage
handling faster by default and it still offers the possibility to store
persistent messages which will survive a redirect.

does that fit?

greets
rupert