[TYPO3-project-4-3] TER and EM_CONF

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Tue Oct 6 20:11:10 CEST 2009

Hi,

as 4.3 added a new flag "doNotLoadInFE" i want to show the problematic
of such new flags. I don't want to claim about but only make you be
aware of the consequences.

EM_CONF is something that is analyzed and transfered seperately. TER
stores the information in own table (tx_ter_extensiondetails).

Extensionmanager reads all flags and transfer it the way TER need.

A new flag in EM_CONF needs a new DB field in this table. ATM the flag
will be removed when uploading to TER.

So
1) EM has to be patched (I will prepare a patch for this flag), it's all
in class.em_terconnection.php)

2) TER has to be patched for the new flag / field

For Future you should know this problematic. May be it's the better
solution to add only one field where additional data can be stored as
serialized array, that would make it possible to add new flags without
changing TER extension.

vg Steffen