[TYPO3-project-4-3] 4.3. beta behaves like 3.8 (and all that unknown DB-fields)

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Tue Oct 6 18:19:16 CEST 2009

bernd wilke schrieb:

>>> I think the 1-2-3 wizards should not do other things than the install-
>>> tool or the installer.
>> It doesn't (though it does a few things automatically like setting up a
>> random encryption key)
>>
>>> Else every installation can produce unforeseen errors because of
>>> different table configuration.
>> Running 1-2-3 with the "load default DB" (or something like that) and
>> doing a COMPARE on an empty DB will do the same.
>>
>> Again, if you run COMPARE on a fresh install it naturally lists lots of
>> tables and fields. Why? Because at that time no tables are created yet.
>> And that's nothing. I don't get why you and Georg now make such a fuzz
>> about it.
>
> that is normal and I know about it.
> This is the way I create my database-tables.
>
> the strange thing happend in the next step, if you did the creation with
> 'compare' and do a 'compare to $TCA' afterwards it shows you a lot of
> differences.
> Shouldn't the tables be created from $TCA?
> why are there differences after creation?

Tables are not created from TCA, but from ext_tables.sql files. Those
are only in sync with the TCA information if the developer keeps them in
sync, as this synchronisation is technically not really required.

So this "TCA comparision tool" is mainly a tool for developers to see
what "might" be missing or what might be "too much". Providing that in
the Install Tool is of course not so nice, it should be rather in
extdevtools.

And might be also a nice project (for 4.4) to at least clean up some
bogus stuff reported there for strictly core tables.

Cheers,
Ernesto