[TYPO3-project-4-3] 4.3. beta behaves like 3.8 = WTF

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri Oct 2 15:30:56 CEST 2009

Georg Ringer schrieb:
> Hi,
>
>> How did you install it? Manually by providing a "ready-to-go"
>> localconf.php or using the 1-2-3 install routine?
>
> manually but still I don't like way.

If you have a localconf.php already, TYPO3 guesses that you are
upgrading. And if there is no compat_version set there, it guesses you
are upgrading from 3.8 (as compat_version was implemented in 4.0).

There is no way that I know of that the install tool can differenciate a
upgrade from 3.8 from a "manual install" the way you did it.

If you manually provide a working localconf.php with settings in place,
you should make sure to include the compat_version setting also. And
then you don't have the situation you are talking about.

>> AFAIK the 1-2-3
>> routine sets compat_version to the current branch in the newly created
>> localconf.php.
>
> I will test that. Does the 1-2-3 also install the new system exts, like
> the update wizard suggests?

If you start with a "blank" localconf.php the default list of extensions
from config_defaults.php will apply, which include all new sysext that
weren't there before. So yes.

Cheers,
Ernesto