[TYPO3-project-4-3] 4.3. beta behaves like 3.8 (and all that unknown DB-fields)

bernd wilke x00nsji02 at sneakemail.com
Fri Oct 2 14:41:09 CEST 2009

Am Fri, 02 Oct 2009 13:09:20 +0200 schrieb Joerg Schoppet:

> Hi
>
> Georg Ringer wrote:
>> Hi,
>> After installation the website behaves like 3.8 and the only thing I
>> can think of is "WTF, I just installed 4.3!"
>

> What do you mean with "behaves like 3.8"?

message from 'About Modules':
----
Important Notice!

    * This installation is not configured for the TYPO3 version it is
running. If you did so intentionally, this message can be safely ignored.
If you are unsure, visit the Update Wizard section of the Install Tool to
see how TYPO3 would change.
----

I'm also very amazed about so much differences between fresh created
database-tables and $TCA

message from Install-tool (2: Database Analyser -> Compare with $TCA)
----
Tables and fields in $TCA, but not in database:
Table and field definitions OK
All fields and tables configured in $TCA appeared to exist in the
database as well

Tables from database, but not in $TCA:
[...]
Extra tables in the database
There are some tables in the database which are not configured in the
$TCA array. You should probably not worry about this, but please make
sure that you know what these tables are about and why they are not
configured in $TCA.

Fields from database, but not in $TCA:
[......]
----

I think that might be confusing to TYPO3-newbies.
I know what additional tables are used for, but there are a lot of fields
which changed and TCA doesn't know about it?

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html