[TYPO3-project-4-3] 4.3. beta behaves like 3.8 = WTF

Georg Ringer news at ringerge.org
Fri Oct 2 12:53:51 CEST 2009

Hi,

I just installed a trunk TYPO3 and IMO there is a real need to fix one
thing:

After installation the website behaves like 3.8 and the only thing I can
think of is "WTF, I just installed 4.3!"

IMO there is really a need to do this different, e.g. getting the
current TYPO3 version and do everything automatically or whatever
because a user who is new will even less understand this "feature" than
I am!

Of course I know about the update wizard and so on but there needs to be
found a way for new installations!!

What do you think about that?

Georg