[TYPO3-project-4-3] fe_users Migration from 4.2 to 4.3

Matthias Krappitz matthias at nospam.aemka.de
Sun Nov 29 21:09:50 CET 2009

Hi,

we got projects running on 4.2 with frontend users and their passwords still
in plain-text in the database. We now want to upgrade to 4.3 these systems
and also change this un-encrypted password issue. But for now after just
having upgraded from 4.2.10 to 4.3 RC2 all frontend users (with their
passwords still in plain-text in fe_users table) can only login once and are
not logged in any more on the next page load they do after their login. We
use the felogin-Extension from the core and nothing else so far.

So is there any documentation what steps we need to do, to bring back the
frontend login for now with plain-text passwords in 4.3 (or is this not
possible?) and how to migrate all the users passwords in the fe_users table?
Do we just need to md5 them by sql-update? Are there any special settings
for the felogin extension needed or additional extensions to enable
encrypted passwords?

Cheers

Matthias