[TYPO3-project-4-3] Deprecating SQL parser in TYPO3 4.3

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Thu Nov 5 11:43:14 CET 2009

Xavier Perseguers schrieb:

> - Taking the SQL parser to a real usable level, with support of
> subqueries and the rest is not something really trivial although I would
> like to start enhancing it.

Have a look at Sequoia:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/sequoiadb/

Continuent used it as a basis for its DB cluster, but now has developed its own Tungsten project.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/tungsten/

Both projects are in Java and need an SQL parser to pass on queries for load balancing (eg Mysql to
Mysql) or backups (eg Oracle to Mysql).

As I still believe that a CR is not the final answer for *all* problems a decent DB abstraction will
be a plus for FLOW3. So IMHO it makes sense to write a new parser for FLOW3 with a backport in mind.

Masi