[TYPO3-project-4-3] Inconsistent icon overlays for start and stop date

Uschi Renziehausen typo3news at otherone.de
Tue May 26 12:05:44 CEST 2009

Hi Masi,

> I never thought that these colours are helpful, but isn't the idea that
> green signifies "start time set" and red "stop time set"?

Please note that we currently do not have those different colors. We always display a red clock. I came up with that
idea because some of our editors work a lot with scheduled elements and pages and asked more than once why element X is
invisible while element Y is displayed. This is why I consider the different colors helpful.

For the meaning of the colors: basically red means the same like hidden, telling an editor who wants to set a link to a
page or CE: No point to link to me, I am not visible anyway. The green clock with the green background tells us: I am
visible, you can link to me, but be aware that I will only be there for some time. And the light green clock (colors can
be discussed) tells us: You can link to me, but the link will only be valid in the future. This is what we want to see
at a glance, further information can be gained by hovering over the icon.

My 5 cents, Uschi