[TYPO3-project-4-3] Announcing TYPO3 4.3.0alpha3

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Mon May 25 08:21:07 CEST 2009

Hi Olly,

> Benjamin Mack schrieb:
>> this also happens with a new installation. Just tried it and got the
>> same error!
>
> I could not reproduce on Debian/Testing with PHP 5.2.9, but on
> Debian/Stable with PHP 5.2.0 only. It seems that the sql_autoload()
> mehtod throws an Exception there if the file could not be found.
> I consider this as PHP bug that is "solved" in TYPO3 context by a
> try/catch block - the patch is in the bugtracker.

Just to fix a typo you made in bugtracker too. There seems to be a
problem with method spl_autoload() (there's nothing to do with SQL :-D)
on first version(s) of the 5.2 branch of PHP.

One question thought: is this only on Debian or on all systems,
including Windows? If so, version dependency of PHP for TYPO3 should be
revised, even if many won't be happy with that.

However it works fine with stable release of PHP on Debian (5.2.6 ATM)
as I use DBAL for one project.

--
Xavier Perseguers
DBAL-Member