[TYPO3-project-4-3] TCA and Ext JS Grid

Nico de Haen typo3 at ndh-websolutions.de
Mon May 18 15:40:33 CEST 2009

Hi,

I'm just thinking about some API to generate Ext JS Grid config objects
based on TCA data.

All dynamic data will be created from TCA, the rest can be hardcoded in
Javascript files, if all functions accept some "additionalConfig"
argument that is applied before creating the objects, to extend or
override the defaults.

TCA provides enough information to create a Ext.data.Store und
Ext.grid.ColumnModel for a given table name, and even some filters can
be generated by default. This would be very handy in backend modules and
might be also useful at other places in the backend.

Has someone already implemented such stuff or is working at it?

(I did at least parts of it in a backend module for a customer)

--
Nico de Haen
ndh websolutions

Webprogrammierung, OpenSource, Typo3