[TYPO3-project-4-3] State of the CSS Styled Content

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Fri May 15 15:20:16 CEST 2009

Hi,
> css-styled-content is currently in the trunk in "beta" state with
> version "0.4.0".
>
> Should we up this to 1.0.0 and mark it as stable? I mean, it is stable
> after all... Or do you have some major bugs that need to be solved?

I'd like to see up2date XHTML compliant, semantically correct and "good
practice" output all over the place for a 1.0 - at least all the
cleanups that got demonstrated in the talk on T3Con08.

I mean, who in the world is still keeping and making use of '<p
class="bodytext"' or '<h1 clas="csc-header"'? All this useless markup
like 'class="csc-redundant whatever stuff"' should be dropped. If
somebody really is in need of a certain class for some tag, it can be
added easily - much easier and with less work then removing all the
useless markup. Wake up and you'll notice that we're already in the year
2009 and no longer in mid 90th ;)

Just my 2 cent.

--
kind regards,