[TYPO3-project-4-3] Making RSA Auth default login method?

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Tue May 5 15:53:56 CEST 2009

Hi Dmitry,

> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> i see the problem now, i wasn't aware that it depends on formfields.
>> This is indeed not easy to solve. So my first thought is that EM has to
>> check the dependency. May be we need an additional array in constraints
>> to map dependencies to php libraries.
>
> For a long time EM needs two features:
> - call a function from the extension to check if the extension can be installed
> - call a function from the extension for post–installation tasks

 From a mass-hosters perspective I would prefer to as few as possible
such settings.

Settings in $TYPO3_CONF_VARS can easily be changed globally, but any EM
configuration or action requires the same steps for every installation.

I'm not saying that there should be no such settings at all, but I would
like to avoid them wherever it makes sense.

For example, in the "rsaauth" extension, the path for the temporary keys
would make full sense if it becomes a TYPO3_CONF_VARS setting. I think
it could be used by many other features too.

We had quite some trouble to roll out openid on every of our sites. What
I finally did was to hardcode the "forceBE"-setting and apply the
database changes to every installation through mysql-cmdline.

Thinking about this, I start dreaming of a commandline-interface for the
extension manager... :-)

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out