[TYPO3-project-4-3] Making RSA Auth default login method?

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Tue May 5 15:45:48 CEST 2009

Hi Dmitry,

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> The fallback can be implemented but it will need a change in the
> login form (introducing priorities to hooks in the login form).
> Please, check also my answer to Steffen a minute ago where I describe
> it in details.

Then I suggest to change the default setting only if loginSecurityLevel
is "" or "superchallenged".

This won't require any changes except in t3lib/config_default.php. See
there how an if condition already overrides the defaults of various GFX
settings. I imagine it could be done similar for this case:

$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['BE']['loginSecurityLevel'] = ''; // like before

if ($openssl_is_active) {
     $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['BE']['loginSecurityLevel'] = 'rsa';
}

That's all. Any value that changes that setting will be loaded after
this file and thus overrides successfully.

> The yellow box currently warns if the PHP extension is not installed
> and the command line binary is used. It will also warn about other
> potential RSA problems.

Good.

- michael
--