[TYPO3-project-4-3] Making RSA Auth default login method?

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Mon May 4 20:44:29 CEST 2009

Hi,

> as you might have noticed, Dmitry today committed the RSA Auth
> extension, so a fully encrypted login procedure will be possible even
> without HTTPS with TYPO3 4.3.

I must say I didn't dig into Dmitry's patch and I have no idea how this
new authentication service works. I saw a mention of private key/public
key, so does it mean that keys must be at some point generated and
exchanged? If this is the case how can TYPO3 work with RSA auth out of
the box?

Could you detail how this works?

Cheers

--