[TYPO3-project-4-3] Workspace Module - Migration of mod/user/ws to sysext/version/mod1?

Peter Niederlag niederlag at ikd01.de
Thu Mar 5 14:52:47 CET 2009

Hello Sonja,

first of all, it would be really great to get some improvements into
this whole stuff.

Sonja Scholz schrieb:
> Hello all,
>
> aktually there is a new 4.3-subproject for workspace enhancements on forge.
>
> As part of this enhancements I have had the idea to migrate the
> workspace module from mod/user/ws to sysext/version/mod1.
[...]

My main concerns are:
- versioning is very useful(without workspace usage)
- versioning should stay simple 'as-is'
- workspaces should be an optional feature/addon

Currently sysext/version/mod1 caontains PLAIN versioning and a
workspace-related view, which IIRC is partly duplicate to mod/user/ws(?).

I'd really like to separate that simple versioning feature from the
workspace stuff. But then of course it makes absolutly NO sense to have
that workspace-related code duplicated.

So isolate workspace stuff from sysext/version and move to workspace
seems most reasonable to me.

hth and Greets,
Peter
--