[TYPO3-project-4-3] ExtJS Date-picker for TCEFORMS

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Tue Jun 30 12:43:03 CEST 2009

Hi Masi,

Martin Kutschker schrieb:

> IMHO parsing should be done in a relaxed way.
>
> So eg d.m.y, d-m-y and d/m/y should be accepted (with or without leading
> zeros, year may be in 2 or 4 digits).
>
> When the US format is enabled it will be of course m.d.y.
>
> Ideally the parser would accept a "reversed" date if it makes sense. Eg
> when I have US format and enter 28.4.2009 it will still accept it
> assuming that I have swapped day and month.
>
> What always should be accepted is this format: Y-m-d (also with / and .)
> as a 4 digit year at the beginning is easily distinguished from other
> formats.
>
> What's missing is a $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['dateSeparator'] setting for
> the output. And maybe a way to put the time *after* the date in datetime
> fields.

this can be very complex. I agree that any input form should be
accepted, the display should change after lost focus to the configured one.
To prevent writing an own parser i now try to use Ext.util therefore.
When ExtJs is included anyway it's a big help.

But the problem with USmode will be:
you enter 01/04/98
could be 01.04.1998 or 04.01.1998, so how to differ? However the format
is given it should be printed in the form like
(dd/mm/yy) to help the editor for input. Having the date picker
simplifies it anyway.

vg Steffen