[TYPO3-project-4-3] ExtJS Date-picker for TCEFORMS

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Jun 29 19:11:24 CEST 2009

Steffen Kamper wrote: on 29.06.2009 16:27:

> found it (jsfunc.evalfield.js, line 442ff):
>
> if (this.USmode)    {
>     theString =
> (theTime.getUTCMonth()+1)+'-'+theTime.getUTCDate()+'-'+this.getYear(theTime);
>
> } else {
>     theString =
> theTime.getUTCDate()+'-'+(theTime.getUTCMonth()+1)+'-'+this.getYear(theTime);
>
> }
>
> so 2 hardcoded formats :(

I already replied to you privately, but to make it public: This is not
so easily "configurable" because it is not meant only to display the
date but also has to be way TYPO3 parses the user-input. So if you have
some configuration for displaying, you'll have to use the same
configuration for "parsing" the date/time information.

If the "configuration" allows users to use any format they want, you
might end up with a format like "yyyy-mm-dd-yyyy": How should a date
"2009-06-29-2007" be parsed?

That is the reason why those are not configurable, but only have the
US-input different, because US-users probably will always switch day/month.

Cheers,
Ernesto