[TYPO3-project-4-3] Relogin feature

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Thu Jun 25 12:05:22 CEST 2009

Hi Masi,

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
>> if you see a possibility for 2) to get it work from JS please let me know.
>
> Ah! First of all: don't do a relogin if the session hasn't really
> expired. With JS you can direct the user to a window/frame that contains
> the openID authentication. I guess that the openId process defines a
> "return url on success". In that page you can embed JS code that signals
> the completed relogin to the client/browser.

that's indeed not easy. Maybe doing this:
* logoff user
* send request to openId url with redirect to normal login screen

don't know if this will work this way. But the you loose your actual
work or unsaved data, or doing this in a real popup?

Most important first is that relogin works again. If it's not possible
to do it with openId we have to deactivate and use the normal way instead.

vg Steffen